MEDIART MIDTERM EXAM
Under Mr. Ronnie Millevo
Directions. This is a closed Notes Exam. Get yourself a
bond paper or yellow pad paper. Write your NAME and DAY/TIME of CLASS. Answer
the following questions very briefly. This makes-up 30% of your midterm grade.
Along with your MT project of 70%, you will get a total of 100% grade. Finish
the Quiz in 45 minutes.
PART 1. OBJECTIVE TYPE/ FILL-IN THE BLANKS:
(Mind you, Answers are Given Below For Your Sakes :)
- The media elements in a Director project interact on a
rectangular area where the movie plays. It is called the ____________.
- The __________ keeps track of the media and the
sprites within the Director File.
- A ___________ is the term used for a multimedia
piece you create with Director.
- You specify the movie properties such as qualities,
including stage size, position, color and much more in the _______________..
- Director organizes and controls a movie content over
time in layers also knows as ___________..
- _________ is a built-in program in Director that allows
users to do pixel-based graphic compositing
- Director uses its own action scripts which is popularly
known as _______.
- _________ is a built-in program in Director than will
allow the user to draw vector-based graphic materials.
- _________ is a built-in resource in Director whereby
drag-and-drop scripts are loaded
- __________ is a type of Sound format accepted in
- Director identifies specific sprite locations in the
Score by placing _____________.
- The ____________ displays all the media that make up a
movie, such as images, text, sounds, digital video.
- _________ is a director file extension name when you
export a director file to the web
- The __________ is the 'screen' on which Director
movies are projected. It is used to determine where all the visible media in a
- The _____________ provides a set of controls similar to
those on a VCR.
- _____________ is a behavior whereby lets a mouse pointer
change its appearance
- __________ are rows in the Score that contain effects
such as timing controls, transitions, sounds and visual media.
- ___________ is a Flash animation format that can
imported and played in Director
- A ___________ is a cast member already placed on the
- ___________ is a panel in Director whereby you see all
the cast members in it.
- ___________ is a type of Video format accepted in
- ___________ is a behavior whereby it can program two
button images to roll-over upon each other
- ___________ are the numbered columns in the Score like
that in a traditional film sequence
- The ___________ shows which frame is currently displayed
on the Stage. By clicking any frame in the Score, it will move to that
location in the movie.
- ___________ is a type of Image format accepted in
- ___________ is the characteristic of a director movie
whereby it gives the user a chance to choose which button to click.
- ___________ is the Default Format of a raw Director
28. ___________ is a link to where the creators of the Movie are named and
29. ___________is a “drag-and-drop” navigation behavior do you use for
“stopping” a director movie
30. The media elements in a Director project are called the ___________.
31. _______ is an application file format outputted in Director.
ANSWERS TO PART 1 AND 3:
Property Inspector/ Movie / Hold
on Current Frame/ Cast Members/ Stage / Control Panel / Frames / Score/
Sprite / Cast Window / Lingo/ Cursor Change / Script Channel / Vector / Library
/ Channels / .Dir / Behaviour / Interactivity / Credits /
Sprites / Sound Channel / Projector.Exe / Playback Head / Marker / Wav / Member
Change / Tempo Channel / DCR / Script / Paint / SWF / Transition Channel / AVI /
Palette Channel / Jpeg / Sprite Channel /
PART 2. SCRIPT WRITING:
32. Write the frame script for
“hiding” the visibility of sprite 1
33. Write the button script used
for displaying an image on “hover”
34. Write the button script for
“rewinding” a video file
35. Write the button script for
“stopping” a video file
36. Write the button script for
“playing” a video file
IDENTIFICATION: Identify the names of the score components by which the letters